Tuesday 17 April 2012

Post op....... Part 2

Sorry its been a while life has this funny way of making me forget to write this everyday i think oh i will update my blog later and it never seems to happen...... Anyway...... Here goes..... So i'd had my operation and i have told you about my problems with Ernest but there were a few other things also going on at this time...... Things never get boring with me my body likes to prove its self fairly frequently as a medical challenge lol. As i'd said before the scans had looked very positive nothing in my lymph nodes and nothing sinister else where in my body so although i was struggling with Ernest i was still feeling pretty positive i knew Ernest would take some getting used to and as far as i was concerned that was all i had to worry about now. WRONG!! Of course it was wrong.....its as if i don't even know how awkward my own body likes to be lol...... So one afternoon about a week after my operation and just a few days before Ernest became the stoma from hell my surgeon decided to pay me an afternoon visit, These never end well, Its not something they tend to do unless there's a problem so i cant say i was very thrilled to see him but i did my usual fail safe huge smile and bright and breezy hello, He instantly looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights and was clearly wondering why i didn't seem to know the unwritten rule that if your visited by your consultant in the afternoon its bad, I have a VERY convincing smile lol. So to cut a very long story short he perched himself on the edge of the bed and told me that the scans had been wrong. They had sent away everything they had removed to be tested including some lymph nodes they had taken out as a precautionary measure and it turned out that it was present in 5 of the lymph nodes instantly jumping me up from where i thought i was at stage A to stage 3C :-/ The option of no chemo was of course instantly taken away i would now have to have it and it needed to be started asap. I went on as you know to have an evil time with Ernest a few days later which sort of helped take my mind off it i guess but to be fair i could have done without it. I was eventually let out of hospital not too long after Ernest had had his limelight but to be honest it all became a bit of a blur date wise i came out towards the end of the first week of December i think, i was still getting used to Ernest and still felt that my Perineal wound didn't feel quite right but was assured by the Nurses and my consultant that it was doing fine and that i would soon get used to it, It was bound to feel a bit different and i was booked in to see my Oncologist a few days before Christmas. And that's where i'm going to leave it for now :-) thanks for reading again hope it makes sense. Oh and please dont forget I'm also currently doing a weight loss fundraiser for the charity Beating Bowel cancer so feel free to visit my fund raising page http://bit.ly/zuEzUf or Text RLFP74 £1 to 70070 to sponsor me today Leyanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment